Saturday, November 27, 2010

Editorial: My next iPad won't be a 7-incher, but I wish it could be

[img]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/11/ipad-7-top-1.jpg
[/img]
It took me a while, but I'm starting to fall in love with my iPad in a
way I haven't loved a gadget for a long while. There's something about
the form factor, the apps, the OS that feels just right and makes me
want to do as much of my daily computing on it as possible. Of course,
that's still a pretty small sliver of my overall day, and the iPad
isn't even close to replacing my laptop for the large majority of my
work, but I'm finding myself increasingly doing casual browsing,
casual gaming, serious writing, and, yes, even some reading on Apple's
10-inch tablet.

But I have one "big" problem with the tablet that doesn't look like
it'll be solved anytime soon: it's not 7 inches. Will Apple ever eat
its words and build a smaller iPad, or will the 7-inch form factor be
left to the rest of the emerging tablet market to fight over?

No comments:

Post a Comment